January 2023 Talking Points: We thank our generous donors!
By Teri Zywicki, President/CEO
Thank you all for a wonderful year; we accomplished so much together.
We thank our staff, our donors and our community partners for making 2022 a success, and setting the stage for an even better, more hopeful New Year.
Some of our accomplishments this year include:
- MCFI’s Behavioral Health Services expanded its services to treat children ages 17 and younger who are experiencing mental health issues. The clinic is supported by Children’s Wisconsin and Milwaukee County’s Birth to Three provider agencies, and it has quickly become a vital resource as the number of children diagnosed with mental health conditions continues to increase.
- Expanding Crisis Resource Center services to Waukesha County, as the number of people experiencing crisis precipitated by mental illness, trauma, substance use or the challenges of living in difficult economic times is increasing there. As a result, CRC staff is partnering with the Department of Health and Human Services, local hospitals and police departments to connect people in a mental health crisis to life-saving resources.
- MCFI, an affiliate of CFI, is developing a fifth commercial production kitchen at 27th and Wells as part of the Near West Side Partner's Concordia 27 initiative. This new addition provides the means for our Food Service team to produce and distribute 3,000 meals daily in its first year of operation and 4,000 meals daily by its second year, creating a more healthy and hopeful future for children and youth in the community.
- CFI has been awarded a $100,000 grant that will create strategies to address the impact the pandemic had on employment within marginalized communities within Milwaukee County. The grant is from Mobilizing Communities for a Just Recovery (MC4JR) through the Department of Health Services Division of Public Health. With the grant, we will develop create partnerships in the community and adapt strategies to meet needs and build community empowerment.
- MCFI's Employment Services, Community Integration and Brain Health programs have been accredited by CARF (the Commission on Accreditation for Rehabilitation Facilities) for a period of three years. This accreditation represents the highest level given to an organization and shows the organization’s substantial conformance to the CARF standards.
- There’s so much more, and it takes the effort of all of us to be able to boast of these achievements. We thank you all, and look forward to an even more hopeful 2023.
Also in this month's newsletter:
- Family donates toys, clothes to Children's Services.
- A thank you to recent donors.
Read the full newsletter by clicking here. Don't forget to subscribe.